How do I expunge a DUI and where do I begin? 6 Answers as of June 15, 2015

I was arrested for a DUI when I was younger and want to go to medical school now. Is it possible to have the DUI removed from my records so that the admission board will not be able to see or are they going to be able to see no matter what efforts I take?

Ksicinski
Ksicinski | Paul Ksicinski
You begin by getting a lawyer. You went to medical school I presume to be trained as a doctor not a lawyer. You realize, I would assume, that like medicine, in order to know what you are doing in law you need training. You need a lawyer.
In California, DUIs remain on your DMV record for 10 years and cannot be expunged from your DMV record. The DUI convictions may be expunged from the court records, at the discretion of a judge, but can still be used as enhancements for future DUI filings and convictions.
The Law Offices of Harold L. Wallin | Harold L. Wallin
An Illinois DUI can be expunged only if it was dismissed or you were found not guilty. Contact a local attorney or go to the County Clerk's office for the forms if you wish to try to do this yourself.
I think they will find out no matter what you do. And I can tell you from extensive experience counseling applicants for professional training or licensure that it is always better to tell the truth. The later discovery of a falsehood or deliberate omission leads to greater penalties. I would think a reasonable medical school would not regard a single DUI in the past as a disqualifying event. Good Luck.
John T. Belton, Attorney at Law | John T. Belton
A DUI cannot be expunged in the State of Ohio.
    You need to have successfully completed the entire term of probation, have nothing criminal pending, and not be on probation for any other offense(s). Contact a lawyer to file the petition for expungement on your behalf.