How do I establish custody out of marriage? 2 Answers as of September 09, 2010

My boyfriend and I had two children but were never married. We set our own visitation plan and the children stayed with me most of the time and he contributed some money whenever he had a job. Now he is saying that he wants to spend more time with the kids and is not going help me out anymore. What can I do to stop him from taking them? He is currently unemployed and I do not think it would be a healthy living situation for our two children.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Diefer Law Group, P.C.
Diefer Law Group, P.C. | Abel Fernandez
You need to file for a paternity action to establish parental rights and visitation.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 9/8/2010
Click to View More Answers: