How do I ensure that I receive custody of my daughter? Posted on March 11, 2011

I have a wonderful 2 year old daughter with my wife of three years. We have had a complicated marriage. When she was four months pregnant it became apparent that she had a pain medication addiction. At that time she was arrested but I bailed her out. She plead guilty and was put on probation for five years. Due to her addiction we faced a lot of financial struggles, lost our home, and went into debt. Her addiction never stopped, despite our daughter and all that we had lost financially. We split up last summer for a few months and she had me served with an ex-parte. We decided to work things out and the restraining order was cancelled. Two months after that she was arrested again, this time for receiving stolen property. This time I said enough was enough and I didn't bail her out, but her parents did. The next week, my wife filed another restraining order against me, I think because she expected me to try to get custody of my daughter. She was arrested again just two weeks ago, her 3rd arrest. I have no record of abuse, or any record for that matter other than traffic tickets. I love my daughter and want what is best for her, which I think is being with me. What do I need to do to ensure that I will get custody of my daughter, and what steps do I need to take to file for custody? Thank you.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Click to View More Answers: