How do I ensure the inheritance of an estate if I am th executor of my parents trust? 1 Answers as of July 15, 2011

My parents have a trust and I am the executor. I have one sibling(with lots of health issues) who lives in one of my parents homes with her husband and two children. After my parents are gone I want to make sure that the home they live in goes to my sisters children and not my sisters husband. What do I need to do to ensure my nephews inheritance ?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
The Schreiber Law Firm
The Schreiber Law Firm | Jeffrey D. Schreiber
What happens to the house (and any other property) of your parents should be provided for in the trust. The trust can make provision for who receives the house in the event of your sister's death. As the trustee, unless you are specifically given discretion to do something, you have no discretion to make any decisions which are contrary to the provisions of the trust. Therefore, if there are any questions that the trust does not do something your parents wish, or needs to be clarified, that should be reviewed with an estate planning/probate attorney to make any needed changes before they die.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 7/15/2011
Click to View More Answers: