How do I divorce my, husband who is in prison? 7 Answers as of February 08, 2012

My husband is in prison - how do I go about getting a divorce?

VANJOHNSON LAW FIRM, LLC
VANJOHNSON LAW FIRM, LLC | Anthony Overton Van Johnson
If your Husband is currently incarcerated in prison, we can file for your divorce in the county in which you reside and have the Sheriff's serve your husband in prison with your Complaint for Divorce. Once your husband hass been served, we will then obtain a court date for your divorce.
H. Scott Basham, Attorney at Law, P.C. | H. Scott Basham
You file for divorce in the superior court of the county where he is currently in prison.
Generally, in Georgia, there are two ways to get a divorce: contested and uncontested. As to uncontested, if he will sign all the documents and agree to all your terms, then that would be a matter to discuss with your own divorce lawyer, along with your other rights and options. Good luck.
Steven Harrell, Attorney at Law | Waymon Steven Harrell
You can either file suit and have him served at the prison, or an acknowledgement of service could be mailed out to him to sign and return to you. An attorney can easily help you with this matter.
Grace Law Offices of John F Geraghty Jr.
Grace Law Offices of John F Geraghty Jr. | John F. Geraghty, Jr.
He can be served with the papers by the local Sheriff at the prison.
    Law Office Of Jody A. Miller
    Law Office Of Jody A. Miller | Jody A. Miller
    It's really the same procedure as any divorce, except you serve him in prison. You should retain an attorney to handle the procedure rather than trying to handle it yourself.