How do I divorce my husband if I married him while he was and he is still in prison? 3 Answers as of September 15, 2016

I live in another state. We got our marriage license in a different state. I married him March 20, 2015 while he was incarcerated. He still has a sentence of 8 years.

Peyton and Associates | Barbara Peyton
File papers and have him served in prison.
Assuming you live in California, the only jurisdictional requirement is that you can file a divorce action in the state if you've lived here for six months and in the county where you reside if you've lived there for three months. Once you file your petition and other related documents, you should contact the jail facility to find out the appropriate method of getting your husband served.
The Law Offices of Mandy J. McKellar
The Law Offices of Mandy J. McKellar | Mandy J. McKellar
You can easily complete a divorce if the other party is in prison. Service is usually a problem that requires counsel, so I would recommend meeting with counsel.