How do I divide a Home Owners Association from 1 into 3 seperate associations? 1 Answers as of May 02, 2012

I am a member of an Association that has 3 phases but only 1 Board. Phase 1 owns an out lot independently of the Association. Can I plant maintain the out lot without all 42 members owners of phase 1 agreeing? How can I get non-owners, trying to claim squatters rights off. Will a seperate Association work?

Elmbrook Law Offices
Elmbrook Law Offices | Gregory Straub
This would not be a criminal action but you will need to determine if the Outlot was part of the original subdivision plat and if part of the organized HOA. If the outlot is part of the covered properties you will need to review the covenants and by laws/restrictions set forth within the original HOA formation to determine what vote is necessary to change the bylaws. Then you will need to propose a resolution to your HOA board and have the votes to pass same. In regards to non-owners claiming to be squatters, contact your local police department. Make sure the rightful owner of the property is the person(s) contacting the police.