How do I dispute probate attorneys fees? 4 Answers as of May 31, 2011

I think that I have been over charged by my probate attorney. I entered into a per hour agreement when my mom passed. Her estate was high value but extremely simple three bank accounts. My attorney fees are suspiciously exactly 3% of the estate value.My request for itemization has been ignored. How can I dispute this?

You can challenge the attorneys fees as either an objection to the accounting showing the attorneys fees or through the bar association as a fee dispute.
Komanapalli Massey LLP
Komanapalli Massey LLP | Mark A. Massey, Esq.
Seek arbitration through the State Bar. You are entitled to that, and in fact, your attorney is required to provide you with notice of that right before he may sue you over those unpaid fees.
Apple Law Firm PLLC
Apple Law Firm PLLC | David Goldman
You would need to terminate your relationship and hire another attorney as an attorney is not able to represent you in a matter where he knows you are represented by another attorney. You can get second opinions from another attorney before deciding what action to take
Meyer & Yee, LLP
Meyer & Yee, LLP | Kent W. Meyer
Probate fees are set by statutory percentage not by the hour. The first 100k is at 4 percent the next increment at 3 percent etc.