How do I dispute an employment write up? Posted on April 21, 2011

If I am being targeted by my manager at work and being threatened with my job, what are my rights to retalliation? I work in patient care and was written up for taking 3 days off for sick leave when I was diagnosed with pneumonia. My manager had informed me that I was not permitted to work if my physician stated that I was contagious, and then I was written up after taking the time off for violating our companies' attendance policy. Now I have been told that if I am ill during the next year for more than 3 days, no matter how serious the illness or injury, I will be terminated. I know for fact that several of my co-workers have taken much larger amounts of time off work and have not been penialized for it, so it seems she is making exceptions for my collegues and singling me out. If you have any information for me regarding possible labor code or OSHA violations, and/or ways to have her audited for this, please let me know. I am open to any suggestions at this point. Thank you!