How do I disestablish my husband as the father of my child? Posted on April 25, 2011

My husband and I have been seperated for five years. I am doing my divorce pro se because I cannot afford an attorney. I have a two year old daughter with a man I have been cohabiting with for the last three years eight months. I recently found out by Iowa law my husband is considered the established father by Iowa law because we were still married at the time of her birth. Her biological father is on her birth certificate. The issue of child support for the two children my husband and I have was reviewed by child support recovery and they are including my two year old as being the responsibility of my husband who I am divorcing pro se instead of her biological father after two years. I cannot afford a paternity test. There isn't a question between my husband and I on who the two year olds father is. The question is how do we go about this law pro se?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Click to View More Answers: