How do I determine if I am due any money? 7 Answers as of September 03, 2014

I was a customer of an electric company and I received bankruptcy forms to fill out. How do I find out if I am due any money?

Fill out the form and submit it. Answer all relevant questions.
David R. Fondren, Attorney at Law
David R. Fondren, Attorney at Law | David R. Fondren
You have to determine that based on what the claim is for and if you fit within their criteria. You may need to provide proof. Read all of the paperwork you received, or make an appointment for an attorney to review it for you. There should be a definition of possible class(es) you may belong.
Bunch & Brock, Attorneys-at-Law
Bunch & Brock, Attorneys-at-Law | W. Thomas Bunch II
If you don't have access to Pacer.gov, then you can always call the bankruptcy court to ask them if the trustee made a distribution. The clerks are usually very helpful.
Answer Applies to: Kentucky
D.J. Rausa, Attorney at Law | D.J. Rausa
If you think you are owed money, then fill out the proof of claim and send it into the Court or the Trustee. If you were a customer of the Electric Company, then review your records to ascertain if you were over charged.
Fill out the forms and get them filed ASAP. They will let you know if you are going to get anything (and that will take a very long time).
    Steele, George, Schofield & Ramos, LLP
    Steele, George, Schofield & Ramos, LLP | Alan E. Ramos
    If the notice you received asks you to file a proof of claim, you should do so. If the case is a Chapter 7, you will not know if there is any money for creditors until the trustee has completed the liquidation of the assets. If it is a Chapter 13, you should receive a plan which will indicate what percentage of your claim you should receive. If it is a Chapter 11, you will not know about any recovery until such time as you receive a plan and disclosure statement in the mail. These documents will tell you what the pay-out is anticipated to be.
    Why would you be due money? Did you prepay for services?