How do I deal with a difficult ex-husband? 1 Answers as of March 02, 2016

My ex goes out of his way to be out of compliance and then make demands on me. He has been in arrears for child support since our custody modification. He turned my step-daughter (his daughter) against me, and now he is lying to our shared children.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Attorney at Law | Aimee C. Robbins
You need to file a Motion for Contempt and for an Income Withholding Order so the child support will be deducted from his paycheck. When the support payments are funneled by court order through the office of child support enforcement-his tax refund will be intercepted to pay on his arrears and he could lose his driver's license. You don't say if you have full custody and he has visitation. If so you might also file for supervised visitation to prevent him from lying to your children. You should hire an attorney to help you if you can.
Answer Applies to: Maryland
Replied: 3/2/2016
Click to View More Answers: