How do I Convert B2 (Visiting Visa) to H1B (Previously had H1B)? 5 Answers as of September 17, 2013

Hi. Can someone please help me provide your thoughts for my following situation. I got H1B on 2006 and I came to the USA and worked until December 2012. When I went for stamping in Canada, I got 221G (Employment verification), they said that they can't issue my visa and I had to go back to my home country. After 4 months, I applied for Visiting Visa and got through. Now I am back in the USA with my B1/B2 visiting Visa and planning to transfer my H1B to another employer (Previous H1B petition valid until April 2014 & it didn't get revoked yet). Could you please provide me your suggestions, what would be the best option for me? Thanks.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of Adebola Asekun | Adebola O. Asekun
Your best option is to consult with an experienced immigration attorney in detail and to provide such attorney a detailed information about your case.
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 9/17/2013
Law Office of Rebecca White
Law Office of Rebecca White | Rebecca White
You would need to file for a change of status and have it approved prior to starting with the new company.
Answer Applies to: Washington
Replied: 9/12/2013
Walker & Ungo Law Firm
Walker & Ungo Law Firm | Gabriela Ungo
With this scenario, it would be advisable to consult an immigration attorney directly.
Answer Applies to: Mississippi
Replied: 9/12/2013
Immigration Law Offices, LLP
Immigration Law Offices, LLP | Fakhrudeen Hussain
You second H1B employer will have to file for you to transfer the H1B and change your stays from B1 to H1B.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 9/12/2013
Law Office of Eric Fisher | Eric Fisher
Your new employer must apply for and receive approval for the H1B petition for you. If you are in valid status, you may be able to mark that you will be changing status on the I-129 petition. You and your new employer should consult an immigration attorney.
Answer Applies to: Colorado
Replied: 9/12/2013
Click to View More Answers: