How do I contest a marijuana ticket? 1 Answers as of March 14, 2011

Last year I was in the back seat of a car that was stopped at a gas station to wash the windows. Turns out the gas station was closed and there were some cops watching it. My friend had stashed his marijuana in my backpack and the cops searched it without permission. I had to claim the backpack because it had my computer in there and they said they would take it as evidence if no one claimed it. So I got tossed in the back of the cop car and they gave me a ticket. I want to contest it. How would I go about doing so?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Vermeulen Law office P.A.
Vermeulen Law office P.A. | Jacob T. Erickson
Hire an attorney to challenge the search. You can apply for a public defender if you are unable to hire counsel.
Answer Applies to: Minnesota
Replied: 3/14/2011
Click to View More Answers: