How do I complete my bankruptcy? 10 Answers as of April 13, 2011

I filed a Chapter 7 and I just got a notice stating it was not discharge because I did not file a Official Form 23 Cert of Completion of Instructional course conerning personal Financial management. I had completed this but have no way of getting my copie since it was a work computer and it crashed and there is no record. What steps do I need to do to get this fixed..Is there a amendment form i can do.

Benson Law Firm
Benson Law Firm | David Benson
If the case has been closed without a discharge, you'll have to file a motion to reopen the case and pay the $235 filing fee. But first, you'll have to contact the debtor education course provider and request an email copy of your certificate. After you receive the certificate, file it with the court immediately.
Indianapolis Bankruptcy Law Office of Eric C. Lewis | Eric Lewis
You should contact the course provider to get another copy of the certificate of completion. You may need to file a Motion to Reopen your case with the court in order to file the proof (Form 23 and the certificate of completion).
Mercado & Hartung, PLLC | Christopher J. Mercado
Contact your BK Attorney and get a copy of your certificate of completion. If it cannot be retrieved, contact counseling service where you completed your course.
Law Office of Larry Webb
Law Office of Larry Webb | Larry Webb
You first need to contact the provider of the certificate and get a copy. Then you need to file a motion to reopen your case so you can file the B23. It will cost you $260.00 to reopen.
Uriarte & Wood, Attorneys at Law
Uriarte & Wood, Attorneys at Law | Robert G. Uriarte
Call the company you took the course with. They should be able to get you a copy. You will then need to file a motion to reopen your case in order to file the certificate. the filing fee is over $250.00.
    If the case is closed you need to file a motion to reopen before you can file the certificate. You can contact the course provider and get another certificate sent to you at another email or retake the course. The fact that the computer crashed does not make any difference since it was attached to an email that you can access from any computer if you have the password for the email account.
    Well, if you no longer have your certificate of completion, and the organization from which you took the course is refusing to give you another copy (which I would find HIGHLY doubtful), then you need to re-take the course. Once you've done that, you can file a Motion with the bankruptcy court to reopen your case and for extension of time to file the course certificate. In the Central Dist. of California we have a form for that particular motion.
    You will have to file a motion to reopen your bankruptcy case. The filing fee for that is $260.00 and you will need to notice all of the creditors in your case. You will have to contact the provider to get a duplicate certificate. You may need a lawyer to help you with the motion.
    Bankruptcy Law Office of Robert Weed
    Bankruptcy Law Office of Robert Weed | Robert Weed
    It depends on your local judgebut most of them say there is nothing you can do you have to start over. You should file a motion and see if they will allow you to file late.
    The Carmichael Firm
    The Carmichael Firm | Booker Carmichael
    Contact the company who you did the course with and they can provide you with a copy of the certificate of completion. Next go to the bankrupty clerk of court and ask them to show you how to file it in the record.