How do I collect on a small claims case? 2 Answers as of June 01, 2011

I am a low-income senior and have been awarded judgment for $950 in a car accident caused by a corporate vehicle.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Dearbonn Law Offices
Dearbonn Law Offices | Ajibola Oluyemisi Oladapo
Go back to the small claims court and request that you want an execution be levied and that the judgment be satisfied.
Answer Applies to: Washington
Replied: 6/1/2011
Ackley Law Group, PLLC
Ackley Law Group, PLLC | Andrew N. Ackley
It is unfortunate that the corporation is not honoring the judgment. If you have exhausted your options in attempting to get them to pay, you can transfer the case to superior court and pursue a method of collection, including garnishment or execution on personal property. You can also file the judgment with the county auditor to place a lien on any real property the company owns within the county. With that route, however, you won't collect until the next transaction of the property. Practically speaking, it may be easiest to turn this over to a collection agency. Here is a helpful website if your case is in King County:
Answer Applies to: Washington
Replied: 5/31/2011
Click to View More Answers: