How do I clean my record of a DWI so that I can have a legal drivers license? 1 Answers as of June 02, 2011

This past weekend my boyfriend and I were driving and a Missouri State Trooper pulled him over for speeding at 10:30am. The S.T. was given my Boyfriend's license, insurance and then went back to his car. The ST came back after a few minutes and asked if my Boyfriend was aware his license was suspended. He responded that he didn't and for what? The ST said it was because of too many points on his license and a DWI. My Boyfriend got the DWI in Sept 2009 and his license was apparently suspended in jan 2011. The ST asked that my Boyfriend go back to his cop car with him and also asked for my license, which I gave to him. 40 minutes later the ST and my Boyfriend came back to our car and they informed me we can leave but I need to drive. My BF got a ticket, his license taken away and was informed that there is a court date on June 28, 2011. In Sept 2009 my Boyfriend went to a lawyer after getting the DWI and paid to have it taken care of. It clearly wasn't and now the lawyer he used is no longer with the law firm because of similar problems.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Michael R. Nack, Attorney at Law
Michael R. Nack, Attorney at Law | Michael R. Nack
Your boyfriend needs to hire an attorney to handle the tickets he received and to see whether anything can be done to get his license reinstated. An attorney can also check the court file on the prior DWI and advise your boyfriend as to what happened and what, if anything, can be done about it. If you are in my general geographical area (metropolitan St. Louis) I might be able to offer my services. Please feel free to call.
Answer Applies to: Missouri
Replied: 6/2/2011
Click to View More Answers: