How do I claim my child in common on dissolution documents? Posted on February 20, 2011

My husband and I took a child to raise from birth. We had an attorney draw up documents and had them signed by the birth mother that she wouldn't take the child back and we were adopting her. My husband signed the birth certificate as the legal father. We never went through legal adoption so I am legally just her step mother. Do I have to claim we have a child in common on my dissolution documents?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Click to View More Answers: