How do I change the writing contact on probation so I can have contact with my husband while he is in prision? Posted on April 07, 2011

My husband was sentenced to 2 years for breaking his probation. He was on probation for assault on me while drinking. He broke his probation because he went on a 48 hour binge and assaulted me while I was half asleep. He asked me for a debit card and I refused. He blacked out and doesn't remember anything. He is very remorseful. I want to reconcile with him. The prison in Maine has said that because his probation says no contact unless in writing to the probation officer I can not have contact at all. How can I change this so I can have contact with him? Please help me. When he is not drinking he is a wonderful husband and father to our son. I want us to be a family.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Click to View More Answers: