How do I change my name in Virginia? 1 Answers as of January 17, 2011

If you have a Pennsylvania birth certificate and now live in Virginia and want to change your first name, what do you have to do?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of Michael E. Hendrickson
Law Office of Michael E. Hendrickson | Michael E. Hendrickson
Petition the local circuit court where you live for a name change. You don't need a lawyer for this and may be able to pick up a packet of forms with instructions from the clerk's office entitled "Name Change for an Adult" which explains what to do. These materials may also be available and downloadable from the court's website.
Answer Applies to: Virginia
Replied: 1/17/2011
Click to View More Answers: