How do i change from a B2 visa to a temporary work visa? 3 Answers as of October 27, 2010

How do i change from A b2 visa to a temporary work visa im staying in the United States from the United Kingdom.

Simply put, the B-2 visa is a visitor's visa, and you cannot adjust status while you are here on that visa. To obtain a long-term non-immigrant work visa, or a permanent legal resident visa through an employer, you must go back to your country and file your petition from there. The only way that can be avoided is while here on another visa, such as an F-1 student visa. In the meantime, if you wish more help which I may give you, please e-mail or call, to set up an appointment to consult with you, either in person or over the phone.
You can only change to a work visa status if you have an approved work visa petition filed on your behalf by an employer. Do you have a job offer from a US employer? If so, the employer can petition for you to have work visa status (assuming you qualify and the job being offered to you qualifies)

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or how I can be of further assistance to you in this matter.
JCS Immigration & Visa Law Office
JCS Immigration & Visa Law Office | Jack C. Sung
You must have the following before you can change status:

1. B.A. degree or above

2. Professional job offer (require college degree job offer)

3. Employer who is willing to sponsor you

4. Maintain legal status

5. No criminal record.