How do I change custody on my child if he is coming to live with me? 1 Answers as of August 09, 2011

My son is fourteen and me and my ex-wife have agreed to let him come live with me to see if things will work out better for him.What do I need to do to complete the process.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of Kathryn L. Hudson
Law Office of Kathryn L. Hudson | Kathryn L. Hudson
You can draft an agreed order changing custody of your son and have it signed by the judge in the court that still retains jurisdiction over your case and then have it filed. Keep in mind that even though you change custody you will need to notify the Office of Child Support enforcement of the change and submit evidence that child support should be stopped.
Answer Applies to: Arkansas
Replied: 8/9/2011
Click to View More Answers: