How do I change a child custody judgment if I am in one state and the case belongs to another? Posted on April 25, 2011

My case involves a child custody judgment that I need modified. The challenge is that I am in Oregon and the case belongs to Joplin, MO. My child is living with me now and wants to remain here. My ex has sent him to live with me since he is not able to care for him any longer. Another issue is that my child's father does as he pleases and uses the dissolution which rewarded him custody in 2004 to control every aspect of our well being. In essence, he has threatened to come and pick my son up whenever he wants or feels he is not in a happy situation. This is why I would like to make modifications to the judgment. I am willing to travel which I have been told may be necessary.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Click to View More Answers: