How do I change a b1/b2 visa to a h1b visa? 6 Answers as of August 30, 2012

Right now you cannot since the annual H-1B quota has been reached. Next April (2013) is the next time that a H-1B visa petition can be filed on your behalf. You do not file it. An employer that has offered you a job and which qualifies for a H-1B visa would be the one to file such a petition on your behalf. You need to be in valid status in the US in order to do it from within the US. Otherwise, you would have to go back to your home country and consular process.
Law Offices of Brian D. Lerner, A PC
Law Offices of Brian D. Lerner, A PC | Brian David Lerner
There are no H-1B's available at the present time. However, if they were available, you would file the H-1B change of status.

You qualify for what is known as the H-1B Specialty Occupation Visa. You will need to have an employer agree to sponsor you for a job. It does not need to be a full-time position, but it should be related to your degree. Our firm can do the entire petition.

Once we begin processing and get it filed, it normally takes about six to nine months to get the approval. Please note that H-1B's are very limited and are only available for small periods of time during the year.

Therefore, Premium Processing discussed next should be used. If you want a work permit in an expedited manner, you can take advantage of the Premium Processing program at USCIS.

This will allow you to have the expedited answer in less than one month. You will need to add $1,500.00 to the cost below for Premium Processing.

There are only a limited number of H-1B's and it must be filed by April 1. However, it is still possible it will not get selected for this years allotment.
Law Office of Eli M. Kantor
Law Office of Eli M. Kantor | Eli Kantor
At the present time there are no H-1B visas available, since this year's quota has been already used up.

The soonest that you will be able to apply will be April 1, 2013 for an H-1B with a start date of October 1, 2013, but you must be in lawful status to change status in the U.S. Therefore, you may need to depart the country, since your B-2 visa will have expired by then.
Law Office of Pho Ethan Tran PLLC
Law Office of Pho Ethan Tran PLLC | Pho Ethan Tran
To change your status to H1B, your employer must petition for you on form I-129.
Your question is too vague but I will answer as follows: you first need to have an employer who is willing to sponsor you on a H-1B visa.
    Kazmi & Sakata
    Kazmi & Sakata | Harun Kazmi
    Hi. You can change your status if you will be working for a University or non-profit research organization. The quota on the H1bs is full until next year. Thus, you cannot likely change unless you have the university or non-profit offer.

I would need to know more information about your job offer and background as well.