How do I bring a relative back to the US after a deportation? 1 Answers as of April 10, 2015

I know the entire family for more than 30 years and it was an unfortunate event which was a pure case of misunderstanding which has led them into this trouble. I have a relative who was deported 9.5 years ago due to a felony. The exact charge was "aggravated sexual battery". He served 18 months in local country jail and then USCIS took him and upon his release and deported him back to his home country. USCIS judge put a 10 year ban on his arrival. My relative had a green card at the time of his conviction (wife and children were naturalized citizen) and deported and it expired 4 years after his deportation. Now, his wife and children are all in US and naturalized citizen and they wish him to come back to US based on his wife's citizenship. Could you please tell me what can be done to bring my relative back so, he can be with his family.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
World Esquire Law Firm
World Esquire Law Firm | Aime Katambwe
An aggravated felon (AF) of this kind will have a difficult time returning to the US. Usually AF's don't get their waivers approved as they are deemed undesirable in the US. The law is slowly changing on that front, so I cannot give you a definite answer on this other than to try and see. If I had to, I would say it wouldn't work but you never know. In your shoes, I would try it. What else do you (he) have to lose?
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 4/10/2015
Click to View More Answers: