How do I bring my sister back into the country? 1 Answers as of April 07, 2011

My sister left the country when she was only 8 months old. She's a U.S citizen but the only poof she holds is a birth certificate. We are both over 18. I am also a U.S citizen but don't know where to start so I can bring her back. Can someone give me some additional info?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Nicastro Piscopo, APLC
Nicastro Piscopo, APLC | Louis M. Piscopo
She should try applying for a U.S. passport at the US consulate in the country she is living. She will need to have a original certified copy of her birth certificate. Given she was so young when she left she should also provide other proof that the person listed on the birth certificate is actually her. School and medical records listing her name, date of birth and parents names will likely be needed. Also, affidavits from the parents, and others are advisable.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 4/7/2011
Click to View More Answers: