How do I begin the process of terminating parental child support rights? 2 Answers as of February 21, 2011

I want to terminate my daughter's biological father's parental rights. I have and can show just cause. Where do I start?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Froerer and Miles, P.C.
Froerer and Miles, P.C. | Robert L Froerer
The procedure to start a termination of parental rights begins with the filing of a petition to the court. Thereafter, if the father is in agreement, the parties may sign a stipulation on which the court's order would be based. If the father is not in agreement, evidence would need to be presented showing a basis to terminate his rights. Please contact me if you have additional questions. Thank you for the inquiry.
Answer Applies to: Utah
Replied: 2/21/2011
Arnold & Wadsworth
Arnold & Wadsworth | Brian Arnold
There are some good forms on the Utah Courts website. You can start there but I would recommend getting an attorney for your hearing especially if there is an attorney on the other side. Sometimes there are attorneys that will sell you their forms. I would call around to a few law offices and see what they can do to help. We have some good information on our website.
Answer Applies to: Utah
Replied: 2/21/2011
Click to View More Answers: