How do I begin the process of getting a green card? 1 Answers as of April 01, 2011

my boyfriend is illegal he crossed the border. We are getting married soon im a us citizen i just wanted to know since he came into the US by crossing the border illegally can i still help him get a green card? And about how long do you think it would take? And also how can i get it stMy boyfriend is illegal he crossed the border. We are getting married soon I’m a us citizen I just wanted to know since he came into the US by crossing the border illegally can I still help him get a green card? And about how long do you think it would take? And also how can I get it started I know get a lawyer and then what?arted i know get a laywer n then what?

Yes, you are right, you need a lawyer. He will have to be interviewed in his own country. This makes things complicated. Discuss with a lawyer because some facts you did not think is significant may make or break the case.