How do I begin applying for my mother and siblings resident cards? 1 Answers as of June 30, 2011

I am an USA citizen. I want to start the process to ask for my mother's resident card. My mother lives in Peru. How long will this process take? And will she be able to ask for my minor siblings once she goes to the immigration appointment? Or will she able to ask for them once she becomes a permanent resident. I will sponsor all of them.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of Christine Troy
Law Office of Christine Troy | Christine Troy
Your mother is an immediate relative. You start by filing an I-130 petition for her. The process normally takes 9-12 months but can be less or more depending on processing times and how organized you are. Your siblings will take longer but you still want to file the I130 now. Under current processing, your mother will probably then want to sponsor her children for the green card as well, but that will still take several years. So they need to anticipate being in Peru for a few years after your mother's entry. I am happy to work with you on this case if you are looking for representation.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 6/30/2011
Click to View More Answers: