How do I become legal if I was brought to the US illegally? 1 Answers as of April 22, 2011

My parents brought me into the US illegally when i was about 4 years old .I am currently 17 and attending High School .I am an honor roll student, but my biggest obstacle is being illegal. My parents are also illegal and they pay their taxes like every other american citizen, both of my parents also have clean records. If I leave the US and return to Mexico before I turn 18 is there a chance I could apply and hopefully get a student visa or re-enter the US legally? Thank you !

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
World Esquire Law Firm
World Esquire Law Firm | Aime Katambwe
The answer to your question is Yes. But do you have a sponsor who can apply for you when you are in Mexico? Talk of the DREAM Act is slowly heating up again. The DREAM Act was made for people in your situation. I would want to wait and see what will happen with it before making life-changing decisions. Good luck!
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 4/22/2011
Click to View More Answers: