How do I avoid statutory rape charges when I'm innocent? 2 Answers as of September 12, 2014

Well I'm 21 my ex was 15 but had mother's consent and I have proof saying so her mother contacted mine and said it was fine and text to prove. But threw out the relationship she would lie cheat have sexual intercourse with others then the man finds out, you ask her she breaks up with you and tells you if youu contact me again my parents will press charges so I dont contact her my phone breaks I block her off everything.. by then 2 months later she messages ypur new girlfriend and says well I'm pregnant with his child and then goes on to say nonsense like threatening my gf saying I hope u die and choke on own blood and so on and so forth. Test says that she is 3 weeks pregnant. We've broken up months ago.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of Alexis Plunkett
Law Office of Alexis Plunkett | Alexis Plunkett
No one can give consent for you to have sex with an underage girl. Not the girl herself and certainly not her mother. What if the mother had also offered you her 8-year-old daughter or her 12-year-old daughter? If you were an adult, and if you had sex with a minor child, you can be found guilty of statutory rape.
Answer Applies to: Nevada
Replied: 9/12/2014
Law Office of James E. Smith
Law Office of James E. Smith | James Smith
The mother's consent is irrelevant in a statutory rape case against a girl under 16.
Answer Applies to: Nevada
Replied: 9/12/2014
Click to View More Answers: