How do I answer derivative citizenship questions regarding immigration? 3 Answers as of March 06, 2011

When I get the website of U.S. Embassy ,Manila there's a topic about DERIVATIVE U.S. CITIZENSHIP FOR ADULTS....Then I did not understand what the requirements all about it states that 1. Child born in wedlock to one U.S. citizen parent and one non-U.S. citizen parent between December 24,1952 and November 13,1986: A child born outside of the United States to one U.S. Citizen parent and one non-U.S. Citizen parent, may be entitled to citizenship provided the U.S. Citizen parent, prior to the birth of the child, had been physically present in the United States or one of its outlying possession for a period of 10 years, at least 5 years of which were after s/he reached the age of 14. My late father born in Honolulu, Hawaii 7 months old he go home to the Philippines with her mother and father, then he came back to U.S from the year 1989 at the age of 59 years. He resides in U.S. for almost 7 years And my birth date is march 29,1980 , already 31 years old. Born in the late father died on may 29, 1996. My question is? 1. Can i qualify for the requirements for derivative citizenship for adults?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Pacifica Legal Services
Pacifica Legal Services | Floyd Fernandez
The possibility is there. Your father lived from 1930-1946 in a U.S. territory, only 16 years old when the Philippines received independence. But you have only get two years post-14. And the father didn't get past the five year requirement until after your birth. Only if the law in pre-1952 births allow for more leniency will give you a chance. If you want to discuss it further, call me or e-mail me for a further consultation by appointment.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 3/6/2011
William C. Gosnell, Attorney at Law
William C. Gosnell, Attorney at Law | William C. Gosnell
No you cannot qualify.
Answer Applies to: Tennessee
Replied: 3/1/2011
Click to View More Answers: