How do I adopt my nephew if he lives in Mexico and I am a US citizen? 1 Answers as of April 22, 2017

My brother passed away and the mother of my nephew hasn't seen him for more than 6 years. She drinks and does drugs. We have paper work stating. When she was on labor, she was drunk.

Your question requires an attorney consultation. It is not a simple question that can be answered on this type of forum. There are many factors that would need to be considered and evaluated. Foreign adoptions are complicated and deal with not only immigration law, but the international law and the law of the country you wish to adopt from. I strongly suggest that you contact an immigration attorney experienced in foreign adoptions for a face-to-face consultation and give him/her all of the facts surrounding your situation.