How do I address an outstanding violation for drunk in public and I left the states? 12 Answers as of November 22, 2010

I am a UK citizen wanting to clear an outstanding warrant for drunk in public during a trip to California in 2001. I did not attend the court date as I was traveling, can you advise on the best course of action. How much will it cost?

Contact me, I do California warrants for people living outside of California.
A warrant can generally only be recalled if you are present. You add it on the calendar and then deal with the underlying case. Sounds like it would probably just be a fine. There is always the chance that you will be taken into custody but based on the facts you've laid out here it's unlikely. I would probably charge $1K to handle it, maybe less.
Law Office of Thomas F. Mueller
Law Office of Thomas F. Mueller | Thomas Mueller
We can usually get the warrant recalled and then get the charge dismissed. It will probably be necessary for you to attend 10 or so AA meetings, Our fee to handle all of this is $3000. For more info or to retain our services call
For you to handle this, you must turn yourself into the court, and deal with it like should have been done originally, with or without an attorney, and negotiate a plea bargain on the outstanding charges, and now on the failure to appear warrant. Doing so voluntarily will result in a better outcome than you being brought in cuffs to court after arrest on the warrant. That will happen if you come in contact with law enforcement or customs coming into the county. Since this was a misdemeanor, your attorney can appear in court without you being present. On a felony, you must be personally present at every court hearing and appearance. Any plea bargain deal could be handled by notarized paperwork. Any fines could be paid by mail.

If this is in Southern California courts, and you are serious about getting legal help doing so, feel free to contact me.
In CA you do not need to appear on a misdemeanor which is what you have. A lawyer will need to dig out the old file, get it on the court calendar, and plead you guilty (amusing you are) in absentia, then mail you the papers to sign. It shouldn't be more than a fine if you have a good explanation of why you blew off the court date. I have handled a number of out of state and out of the US DUI cases and this is no different.
    Fees will vary but the best thing you can do is hire an attorney to file a Serna motion to have the case dismissed.
    You can hire an attorney to handle this matter for you. Generally, the course of action for this is to recall the case, recall the warrant, than handle the outstanding issue. You can reach me to discuss in further detail. Assuming its a Court that I regularly appear in, I can handle it for you for $1,500 U.S. Dollars.
    Law Office of Geoffrey M. Yaryan
    Law Office of Geoffrey M. Yaryan | Geoffrey M. Yaryan
    Retain an attorney who can go to court for you, have the warrant recalled, and likely settle the case. It should cost a few thousand dollars.
    Please contact my office. This matter can be rather easily handled by an experienced attorney.
    The English Law Firm
    The English Law Firm | Robert English
    You likely still have an open case and you need to recall the bench warrant. If you were out of the country, that might be a mitigating factor. It might cost you a couple thousand though to recall the warrant and handle the matter.
    The Law Offices of Monty Gill
    The Law Offices of Monty Gill | Monty Gill
    The cost will be approximately $1000-1500 depending on the specifics on your case. Thank you.