How difficult is it to get child custody? 3 Answers as of August 11, 2015

My ex-wife is clearly not keeping the best interest of the children, and has them in a poor living situation. Her lack of ability to provide for the child's financial, emotional and physical needs are all reasons that the father desires a change.

Law Office of Barton R. Resnicoff | Barton R. Resnicoff
Getting a change in custody is never easy, but if you can prove her deficiencies as a parent as mentioned below plus that you, as the father, will do a better job, you could very well be successful. Has the mother's situation deteriorated since she got custody? Custody should be awarded to the parent who will financially care for them and provide for them; plus, emotionally help them develop and mature; and see to it that they do better in school. The residential parent also has an affirmative obligation to encourage a relationship with the other parent.
Attorney at Law | Aimee C. Robbins
I have helped hundreds of fathers obtain custody. If the court believes the mother is unfit and it is in he children's best interests to live with their father, the court will award you custody.
Law Office of Martin A. Kahan | Martin A. Kahan
The best interests of the children is the issue. The court will decide based on the evidence.