How could my stepchild become United States citizen before age 18? 4 Answers as of August 28, 2013

I am a United States citizen. My stepchild is 15 years old, a permanent resident who lives in the United States for 5 years. My stepchild's biological mother who is my wife, is permanent resident in US for 5 years. My wife doesn't want to apply US citizenship yet for my stepchild's US citizenship.

He cannot receive citizenship before his 18th birthday.
Havens & Lichtenberg PLLC
Havens & Lichtenberg PLLC | Michael Lichtenberg
You might consider adopting the child. If everything will be done right, the child will become a U.S. citizen immediately when the adoption will be completed. Otherwise, the child will be eligible to apply for naturalization at 18 years of age.
Christian Schmidt, Attorney at Law
Christian Schmidt, Attorney at Law | Christian Schmidt
You step child would become a US citizen if your wife becomes a US citizen before the child turns 18 or if the child applies for citizenship.
Alena Shautsova
Alena Shautsova | Alena Shautsova
The child will either qualify independently after the time passes for him/her to apply for citizenship or will get it automatically if his mom applies and gets her citizenship before the child's 18's birthday. In this case form N600 needs to be filed.