How could I resolve a warrant for unpaid traffic tickets from 14 years ago? 5 Answers as of August 19, 2015

I have 14 year old unpaid traffic tickets that I never went to court for, and they issued an arrest warrant. I just moved from another state where I have lived for the past 14 years and never heard a thing about it. All of the sudden this warrant is showing up now that I moved. How can I resolve this so I am able to get a driver’s license here?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of Darin Kanfer | Darin J. Kanfer
You will have to show up in the court where the warrant was issued.
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 8/19/2015
Musilli Brennan Associates PLLC
Musilli Brennan Associates PLLC | John F Brennan
Almost probably have to resolve it prior to the time you would be granted a driver's license. I would suggest that you engage an attorney to find out all of the details and determine whether or not you still have a liability, and if you do, to arrange to take care of it and have the arrest warrant vacated.
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 8/19/2015
The Rogers Law Firm
The Rogers Law Firm | Andrea Storey Rogers
Hire a traffic ticket lawyer in the city or county where the old tickets were issued. Your attorney should be able to get the warrants lifted and negotiate a plea bargain deal on the tickets so you can pay the fines and your driving record and insurance rates will not be affected.
Answer Applies to: Missouri
Replied: 8/19/2015
Law Office of Edward J. Blum
Law Office of Edward J. Blum | Edward J. Blum
Go to court. Set the case for trial. Show up at trial, cop won't. Get case dismissed.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 8/19/2015
Lawrence Lewis
Lawrence Lewis | Lawrence Lewis, PC
No driver's license until the warrant is resolved.
Answer Applies to: Georgia
Replied: 8/19/2015
Click to View More Answers: