How could I prevent my children from having to take on my mortgage? 4 Answers as of June 11, 2015

My daughter's 28 year old boyfriend was just picked up by ICE for not being in school. He is here on a student visa getting his masters but ran out of tuition money and has not attended school for almost 12 months. My daughter is of courses distraught. She will be bailing him out tomorrow. I am trying to give her some hope that all will be ok. He has a hearing in 30 days. What is the likelihood that he will be allowed to stay in the USA?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
James T. Weiner & Associates, P.C.
James T. Weiner & Associates, P.C. | James T. Weiner
Your question and the detail do not make sense..please ask it again
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 6/11/2015
James Oberholtzer, Attorney at Law
James Oberholtzer, Attorney at Law | James Oberholtzer
This is a pure immigration question. Try re-asking it under the immigration heading.
Answer Applies to: Oregon
Replied: 6/11/2015
O'Keefe Legal Services, L.L.C.
O'Keefe Legal Services, L.L.C. | Sean P. O'Keefe
Your question and question detail seem unrelated. If you are trying to pass on a house (after your death) to children and do not want them to pay the mortgage, then you will need to figure out how to pay off the mortgage; you might consider life insurance (or check for mortgage insurance policies) to cover the mortgage expense in the event you die.
Answer Applies to: Maryland
Replied: 6/11/2015
Law Office of Pamela Braynon | Pamela Y. Braynon
That?s really hard to say. The judge may take into account that he is on a student visa and If he is working to save enough money for his tuition, the judge may give him a time frame to show the court that he is making the effort to save the money. However, this is just a guess.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 6/11/2015
Click to View More Answers: