How could I pay for my medical expenses? 17 Answers as of May 28, 2015

I had to go to the hospital immediately after a personal injury at a work accident and there is not way I can pay the bill and the court date has not yet been set. What can I do to pay without damaging my credit while I wait for the settlement?

If it's a work-related accident, then Worker's Comp should pay. You mention that "a court date has not yet been set". If you are referring to a comp board hearing, that tells me that the carrier is contesting the issue of whether the injuries were from a job-related activity If you have health insurance, then you can put the bills on that and the comp carrier can pay them back. Otherwise, the medical providers will just have to wait.
S. Joseph Schramm | Joseph Schramm
If you have retained counsel for your suit, either as a Workers' Compensation claim or as a personal injury suit against a non-employer third party, your attorney should contact the medical care providers to apprise them of the situation and to arrange for payment at such time as the case settles.
You need to talk to a personal injury attorney about setting up a third-party account to cover your medical expenses. If you wish not to retain an attorney, you can make payment arraignments with the hospital. Good luck.
Bulman Law Associates PLLC Injury Law Firm
Bulman Law Associates PLLC Injury Law Firm | Thomas Bulman
Contact the medical creditors and ask them to send the bill to the worker's compensation insurance company. Why is the bill being disputed?
Answer Applies to: Montana
If you become ill or injured, and the illness or injury arises out of the employment, then you have a workers compensation case. Your employer, through its insurance, is obligated to pay the bills for accident related medical care and treatment, etc., and a percentage of your average weekly wages while you are recuperating. Get a lawyer.
    Gregory M Janks, PC
    Gregory M Janks, PC | Gregory M Janks
    If you were injured on the job, you should be entitled to workers compensation, which would pay your wage loss at the appropriate statutory rate and pay for your medical care and treatment. If there is some question about this you should talk to your employers HR Dept. or a local attorney who handles on the job injury cases. There may, or may not, be some ability to file a 3rd party claim depending on the facts of your incident, as well as the extent of your injuries/damages.
    Law Offices of Robert Burns
    Law Offices of Robert Burns | Robert Burns
    Use your mandatory insurance. Make a worker's compensation claim. Obtain Medi-Cal if necessary. Work out a payment plan. Stop skimping on using an attorney.
    See an attorney, there are options and right but insufficient information to answer your question.
    Law Offices of Richard M. Levy P.C.
    Law Offices of Richard M. Levy P.C. | Richard M. Levy
    You should apply for Worker's Compensation which will pay for your medical bills.
    Law Office of Lisa Hurtado McDonnell | Lisa Hurtado McDonnell
    Didn't your employer have work man compensation? Is their insurance policy? File a medical claim.
    Medical bills related to a work injury are owed by the employer and not the employee by law in Alabama. The law actually states that the employee is not liable. However, I take it that the employer is contesting the injury and that is why the bills have not been paid. I also presume you have a lawyer who has filed suit since you say the court date has not been set yet. Consult with your lawyer about the bills. Sometimes the creditors will take a cover letter from the lawyer. He or she may also want to tell the creditor that your suit is pending and invite them to join in your suit against the employer. Good luck.
    Law Offices of Laura Lanzisera, LLC
    Law Offices of Laura Lanzisera, LLC | Laura Lanzisera
    You or your attorney can contact the medical provider and let them know this is workers compensation.
    You say work accident, so if it's a worker's comp case the employer's insurance co. should be paying.
    Adler Law Group, LLC
    Adler Law Group, LLC | Lawrence Adler
    If it was a work injury the workers compensation insurance should pay the bill immediately. If they are disputing the claim you will be responsible for the bill unless the Commissioner rules otherwise. The hospital may be willing to take a letter of protection.
    End, Hierseman & Crain, LLC | J. Michael End
    If you were injured in the course of your employment, your workers compensation insurer will pay all of your bills. If there has been a mix-up related to whether it was a work injury, you may need a personal injury lawyer to represent you.
    Boesen Law, LLC
    Boesen Law, LLC | Joseph J. Fraser III
    Please clarify if your injury was within the course and scope of your work. If so, then you should be getting medical care paid for by workers' comp.
    Barry Rabovsky & Associates
    Barry Rabovsky & Associates | Barry Rabovsky
    Could you describe how you were injured at work? In Illinois, your employer has to pay 100% of your medical bills that are reasonably related to your accident.