How could I make sure my accident medical bills are covered? 16 Answers as of May 18, 2015

Should I just leave it up to their insurance or what precautions do I need to take? I was not at fault and ended up in the hospital and long term treatment program.

JV Law Group, LLP
JV Law Group, LLP | Julie Jung
You will need to provide the insurance company with all the medical documents, including billing statements, to show proof of all the medical expenses you incurred as a result of the accident. You should consider the following issues: (1) Depending on how high your medical expenses are, the at fault driver?s insurance policy may not have enough coverage for the amount of those medical bills; (2) The insurance company may deny some of your medical bills; (3) Since you were seriously injured, you should demand money for other things besides medical bills (i.e. your pain and suffering, lost wages, etc). You should also retain a Personal Injury Attorney who can represent you against the at fault driver's insurance company to ensure that you get fairly compensated.
If you were hurt seriously due to someone else' negligence, common sense would suggest that you consult with a lawyer. Since you did not state how you got hurt, I don't think anyone can give you a complete answer to your question. If someone causes you an injury, they are responsible for all of the foreseeable damages that flowed from that wrongful act. This includes pain and suffering.
Goldstein and Peck. P.C.
Goldstein and Peck. P.C. | William J. Kupinse, Jr
Consult a lawyer
Nowhere near enough information to even begin to answer. Was this a car crash? On-the-job injury? Slip and fall? Are you the same person who just asked an almost identical question?
You have to find out in writing what the position of the insurance company is. ?They normally try to settle all aspects of a case at once, so they will not agree to pay your medical bills and then later settle for your pain and suffering. ?It does not cost anything to have an initial discussion with a local personal injury attorney to find out what they recommend.
    Gregory M Janks, PC
    Gregory M Janks, PC | Gregory M Janks
    In Michigan it is YOUR vehicle insurer (presuming you have an insured vehicle) that is 1st in priority order to pay your wage loss, medical bills and replacement services. This is true even if a vehicle crash was some other owner/drivers fault - thus the term "no fault". So it is up to you to put YOUR insurer on notice of the crash (you MUST do so within 1 year of the crash) and to provide them with proof of any No Fault Benefits you are claiming. The at fault vehicle owner/driver's insurer will be responsible for any pain and suffering claims you make, which will require you to prove you have suffered serious injuries. You would probably be well served to consult local counsel who regularly handles these type of claims for a full run down of your rights and possible claims.
    Boesen Law, LLC
    Boesen Law, LLC | Jon C. Boesen
    You need to meet with and get advice from an experienced personal injury lawyer to make sure your medical bills are covered as part of any claim you may pursue against the other driver and their insurance carrier. You may also likely be entitled to pursue damages and get a recovery for the permanency of your injuries as well as lost wages and possible future lost wages. Be prudent and seek the advice of an experienced and competent personal injury lawyer.
    Ty Wilson Law | Ty Wilson
    A personal injury attorney will handle this for you. Going it alone could have you in bankruptcy court not being able to pay all medical bills. Good luck.
    Adler Law Group, LLC
    Adler Law Group, LLC | Lawrence Adler
    You should get counsel. Your insurance pays until the ENTIRE case can be settled.
    Your insurance company should pay the bills. They will be entitled to get their money back out of the other insurance company. Consider consulting an experienced injury lawyer. Good luck.
    Bulman Law Associates PLLC Injury Law Firm
    Bulman Law Associates PLLC Injury Law Firm | Thomas Bulman
    Submit the bills to your health insurer or the defendant's insurer. Keep a diary of who you talked to and what was promised. Protect your credit now, not after the bills have been turned over to collection.
    Answer Applies to: Montana
    If you believe that you are in good hands with (name the ins. co.), I have a bridge to sell you. Get a lawyer. Your local bar assn can refer you.
    In Michigan it will be your insurance company which pays your medical expenses. Therefore you should be contacting your insurance agent.
    End, Hierseman & Crain, LLC | J. Michael End
    I think you should consult with a personal injury lawyer about your case. The way things are handled could be very important in maximizing your recovery.
    If you have not yet done so, be sure your own automobile insurer knows of the accident and that you were not at fault. You can sue the other party (and his/her insurance company)but your own medical insurer is usually entitled to 'subrogation,' meaning they can demand reimbursement for your medical bills which it paid. A good personal injury lawyer can do many good things for you, and one of them is negotiating discounts on the reimbursements. Good Luck. Get Well soon.
    Barry Rabovsky & Associates
    Barry Rabovsky & Associates | Barry Rabovsky
    You would probably be making a mistake if you allow the insurance company for the responsible party to determine your compensation for an injury case. It would be necessary to review the facts of your case to try to establish what type of compensation that you might be entitled to.