How could I locate an attorney who will help with my sons personal injury? 13 Answers as of June 23, 2015

My question is regarding a personal injury. My son was racially attacked and sustained injuries. I Have contacted an attorney who prolonged giving an answer as to if he/she would take the case. Due to my sons unique situation the attorney had no experience in that field. I need to locate an attorney who has experience, and who will fight for my sons rights!

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Durham Jones & Pinegar | Erven Nelson
If you are in Nevada, I know the perfect lawyer. If not, let me know where the attack occurred and I will find you a good lawyer.
Answer Applies to: Nevada
Replied: 6/23/2015
Law Offices of Ronald A. Steinberg & Associates | Ronald A. Steinberg, BA, MA, JD
lawyers advertise everywhere. Look on billboards, bathroom walls, tv, buses, and you will find lawyers. I cannot comment on how good they are. The wisest thing to do is to talk to people and get referrals from satisfied clients, not people who get a "kick back" for referring people to lawyers. Interview the lawyer and make your own determination if he/she just "talks the talk" rather than has any substance, skill or experience. Good luck with your quest.
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 6/22/2015
James E. Hasser, Jr. P.C.
James E. Hasser, Jr. P.C. | Jim Hasser
Ask friends and family; do research on the internet; call your local Bar Assc. Good luck.
Answer Applies to: Alabama
Replied: 6/19/2015
Law Ofices of Edwin K. Niles | Edwin K. Niles
Contact your LOCAL bar assn. for a referral.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 6/19/2015
S. Joseph Schramm | Joseph Schramm
It seems that your son's injuries were sustained as the result of an assault and battery. If so, you might have difficult retaining an attorney to bring a civil suit against the defendants responsible. The reason is that there are no insurance policies covering that type of activity and, absent a source of money, an attorney would have to search for assets of the defendants to seize and to sell at a sheriff's sale in order to enforce any verdict that might be awarded against them. Since most of these people do not have large amounts of cash, stocks and bonds or unencumbered real property (e.g. no mortgages or other liens) many judgments for assault and batter go unenforced and the plaintiff will recover nothing. Consequently, neither will an attorney who takes on the case. That's why people never see attorneys advertising that they handle cases where they know there will be a lot of work an little or no return for their efforts. Your son's case seems to be one of those types of cases.
Answer Applies to: Pennsylvania
Replied: 6/19/2015
    Law Offices of Richard M. Levy P.C.
    Law Offices of Richard M. Levy P.C. | Richard M. Levy
    Contact your local Bar Association.
    Answer Applies to: New York
    Replied: 6/19/2015
    Law Offices of George H. Shers | George H. Shers
    If the attorney has not yet clearly stated they will take the case, that means he/she is not really interested in handling it. ?You need to find another attorney, but first find out why your current attorney is uninterested in the case. ?It may very be well that the people who injured your son have no assets so there is no money that can be collected.
    Answer Applies to: California
    Replied: 6/19/2015
    The Law Offices of Russell Gregory, P.C.
    The Law Offices of Russell Gregory, P.C. | Russell Gregory
    The matter would have to be discussed fully, to determine how best to proceed. Certainly, it?s worth that time. A phone discussion should do. I?d like to be more helpful at this point, but there just aren?t enough facts in the question to elaborate. As to experience, the various attorney profiles and links to their websites should provide that information for you.
    Answer Applies to: Michigan
    Replied: 6/19/2015
    Richard B. Jacobson & Associates, LLC | Richard B. Jacobson
    A preliminary question is why should you do this? Unless his assailant has a lot of money or property, or a high-paying job, he is not likely to be able to pay any judgment your son might win against him. Also his side will likely testify that this was an ordinary fight between two young men in which both of them assumed the risk of injury. You can find lawyers on line ( is on source); also in the yellow pages; and from the state bar's lawyer referral service. None of this can guaranty successor even guaranty the kind of aggressive lawyer you are seeking. (You will have a chance to interview the lawyer before making any decision, anyway. Don't be swept away by aggressive language: it might not reflect what the lawyer really can accomplish and quite often in court matters it's not the showy tough-guy lawyer who does best for his client, but a more measured lawyer who is control of the key facts.)
    Answer Applies to: Wisconsin
    Replied: 6/19/2015
    Andrew T. Velonis, P.C.
    Andrew T. Velonis, P.C. | Andrew Velonis
    I'd suggest doing an internet search using key phrases such as "civil rights attorney [your city]".
    Answer Applies to: New York
    Replied: 6/19/2015
    End, Hierseman & Crain, LLC | J. Michael End
    Talk with a friend or relative who may have successfully pursued a personal injury claim. Find out what lawyer represented that friend or relative. Otherwise, go online to see what lawyers are advertising their services for personal injury cases.
    Answer Applies to: Wisconsin
    Replied: 6/19/2015
    Barry Rabovsky & Associates
    Barry Rabovsky & Associates | Barry Rabovsky
    To answer your question, it would be helpful if you could provide a description of what happened in the accident and what your son's injuries were.
    Answer Applies to: Illinois
    Replied: 6/19/2015
    Novakov & Associates, PLLC
    Novakov & Associates, PLLC | LINDA S. NOVAKOV
    Contact your area's bar association. They will have a referral service that can help you find a practitioner in the field you need.
    Answer Applies to: Kentucky
    Replied: 6/19/2015
Click to View More Answers:
12 3 Free Legal QuestionsConnect with a local attorney