How could I get out of my lease if I am unhappy about where I live? 5 Answers as of June 26, 2015

I signed a 24 month lease, 15 months in and truly can not make rent payment. I noticed that the lease says 24 month term but the lease end date equals 25 month. Do I have any options?

James T. Weiner & Associates, P.C.
James T. Weiner & Associates, P.C. | James T. Weiner
Contact the landlord and see if he/she/it will let you out of the lease rents may have gone up and they might be able to make more money by re-leasing it to someone else.
Not really, if you breach you are liable for the missed rent.
So you can argue that the 25 month term is invalid and that it is only 24 months, but that does not give you the legal right to void the lease. Just because you are unhappy and can not afford the rent is not a basis to escape the contract without penalty. Speak to the landlord and see if you can work out some deal, but why do you think you should not be held to an agreement you signed?
Law Office of Darin Kanfer | Darin J. Kanfer
Try to negotiate with your landlord. If that doesn't work, if you move, you may be held responsible for the remaining term.
Neil J. Lehto, Esq.
Neil J. Lehto, Esq. | Neil J. Lehto
No. Not without some good reason can you break the lease without consequences. If you signed a 24 or 25 month lease will be decided by the judge if you are sued. The landlord has a duty to try to re-rent the property but don't give it much credence.