How could I get financial and medical assistance for my granddaughter? 2 Answers as of July 07, 2015

My daughter will not contact me regarding the renewal of an expired POA. My granddaughter lives with me. How do I get one? My daughter sent my granddaughter to me just under 2 months ago. POA has since expired. Daughter will not answer letters, phone calls, emails and texts. I can't take my granddaughter to get her last needed Guardisill shot without POA. Daughter gets child support of $750 monthly and sends nothing for the child's basic needs. I have contacted the father to try and get child support but he got rerouted. Fat chance without custody of guardianship. The child is turning 18 in September and it does not seem worthwhile to fight for custody at this age. How do I get financial assistance for her and a POA for medical reasons? Can the father give me a POA?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of Barton R. Resnicoff | Barton R. Resnicoff
You should file for custody/guardianship/support; custody/guardianship first. Then for child support once you have custody or guardianship.
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 7/7/2015
Petit & Dommershausen SC
Petit & Dommershausen SC | Tajara Dommershausen
If dad has joint legal custody, he can give you a POA. He can also file a motion to stop or redirect his child support to you.
Answer Applies to: Wisconsin
Replied: 7/6/2015
Click to View More Answers: