How could I get DNA of my child's father who has been dead for 19 years? 4 Answers as of August 26, 2015

How could I get DNA of my child's father who has been dead for 19 years?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
John Russo | John Russo
Chances are you won't be able too, without a family member agreeing to give up their DNA, or a court order for same, which would require an extremely high legal showing of need.
Answer Applies to: Rhode Island
Replied: 8/26/2015
Richard B. Jacobson & Associates, LLC | Richard B. Jacobson
Maybe an experienced matrimonial lawyer in your locality knows how to do so. Nowadays it is not hard to obtain DNA from a recently deceased person, since the pathologists will keep and store blood. I don't think this was frequently done 19 years ago but it might have been. Check with the hospital where he died, if he died in hospital. If not, there may have been an autopsy required under State law. In that case, find and check with the pathologist who conducted the autopsy. Good Luck.
Answer Applies to: Wisconsin
Replied: 8/26/2015
The Gufford Law Firm, P.A.
The Gufford Law Firm, P.A. | Joseph Gufford
I don't know how you would get DNA from a person whom has been dead for 19 years. Further, as to any post-mortem action for Paternity there may be legal impediments to the same. Assuming that there are some very compelling reasons for needing the DNA, the body could possibly be disinterred. However, that would be highly unlikely.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 8/26/2015
Musilli Brennan Associates PLLC
Musilli Brennan Associates PLLC | John F Brennan
Not easy, and perhaps totally unavailable.
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 8/25/2015
Click to View More Answers: