How could I find information about an inheritance? 12 Answers as of November 30, 2015

How could I find information about an inheritance?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
O'Keefe Legal Services, L.L.C.
O'Keefe Legal Services, L.L.C. | Sean P. O'Keefe
In Maryland, contact the Register of Wills for the county in which the decedent resided (and/or where the estate was administered).
Answer Applies to: Maryland
Replied: 11/30/2015
Law Office of Pamela Braynon | Pamela Y. Braynon
Check with the probate division of the circuit court in which the decedent passed away to see if a probate has been filed. Other than that there is no way you can find out about with the exception of asking close family members and friend to see what it is that they know.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 8/18/2015
Ronald K. Nims LLC | Ronald K. Nims
Check the probate court of the county where the person lived at the time of their death. If the probate has been filed, it will show all the beneficiaries.
Answer Applies to: Ohio
Replied: 8/17/2015
Law Offices of George H. Shers | George H. Shers
Check the court records of where the deceased lived to see if the estate was probated [you can do that on line in California]. The file will have the Will in it. Ask the people who are likely heirs.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 8/17/2015
Sebby Law Office
Sebby Law Office | Jayne Sebby
Check with the probate court in the county in which the deceased lived at the time of his or her death. If there's a will, it should be filed with the court. Even if there isn't a will, the court should have records about who served as executor of the estate and how the estate was distributed.
Answer Applies to: Nebraska
Replied: 8/14/2015
    Bunch & Brock, Attorneys-at-Law
    Bunch & Brock, Attorneys-at-Law | W. Thomas Bunch II
    If you know the name of the deceased and the county in which that person last resided, you can call or visit the probate court to ask if there is a record of an estate. You should also check with the "unclaimed property division" of the Kentucky State Treasurer's Office. Just Google that name in the quotes with "KY" and Google will give you a direct link. You can do this search on the Treasurer's website at no cost.
    Answer Applies to: Kentucky
    Replied: 8/14/2015
Click to View More Answers:
12 3 Free Legal QuestionsConnect with a local attorney