How can you get a divorce if your ex lives in another state? 1 Answers as of August 10, 2010

I want to divorce my husband. He moved to Texas a few months ago and I still live here in Westlake Village. We were married in California so then we must have the divorce in California too, right? How is the divorce going to work if he lives in another state? Does that mean that he has to get a California attorney and that I have to get one too?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
The Law Offices of Monty Gill
The Law Offices of Monty Gill | Monty Gill
If you meet the residencyrequirements for Ventura County, then you should be able to file here. Please feel free to call my office to discuss the matter in detail, and to obtain specific advice about your particular situation.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 8/10/2010
Click to View More Answers: