How can you fix immigration papers if I dont have social security? 5 Answers as of August 08, 2011

How do you fix the papers of an illegal immigrant if you have been married for three years and he pays taxes and supports me and my four kids. None of the children are his as we have lived at different address for some time do to the fact that he was laid off and the children could not get benefits from the state because he did not have a social security number and I could not pay everything alone. We now live together and we were never separated in the counts. When he did work he worked out of town but has always helped me but the problem is that he does not have social security and that makes it hard for me.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
World Esquire Law Firm
World Esquire Law Firm | Aime Katambwe
In order to get a green card, no one needs to have a social security number. We need to know more information to see how can you file for your husband. Maybe you can get him a green card.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 8/4/2011
Fong & Associates
Fong & Associates | William D. Fong
Not much of your posting has to do with his immigration status. If you are a US citizen, then you can file for him, but there are several factors to review to see if he is eligible for an immigrant visa and if he can file in the US or if he needs to file at his home consulate. These factors are: country of birth, manner of entry to the US, immigration violations or misrepresentations, criminal or civil violations, any filings prior to April 30, 2001, any extreme and unusual hardship to a qualifying US relative as the basis for a waiver. Get all this information and documentation and consult with an experienced immigration attorney.
Answer Applies to: Texas
Replied: 8/4/2011
Kazmi & Sakata
Kazmi & Sakata | Harun Kazmi
Unfortunately, there is no easy way to correct his status. If you were brought here illegally, you cannot obtain any status (unless the laws change). There is an existing exception that permits the filing of a penalty ($1,000), if you have had a previous family or employment based case filed by 04/30/2001. Has anyone in his family filed such a case?
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 8/8/2011
Verdin Law Firm, LLC
Verdin Law Firm, LLC | Isaul Verdin
Step one is to file a petition. However, before you file, consult with an immigration lawyer to see if he will be able to get his green card from within the U.S., or whether he will have to process from outside the U.S.
Answer Applies to: Texas
Replied: 8/4/2011
Law Office of Immigration & International Trade Law
Law Office of Immigration & International Trade Law | Linda Liang
You mean he does not have social security, nor legal immigration status? Your case is not a simple one because you guys did not live together and others... Assuming you are a Citizen, marrying you alone is not going to help. You definitely need to hire an immigration attorney to help you with this case.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 8/4/2011
Click to View More Answers: