How can you fight an accusation of being drunk in public? 1 Answers as of November 10, 2010

I was accused of being drunk in public which I think is a bunch of bull. I was trying to be drunk in a bar, but they kicked me out! How is that my fault? Do I have a chance of fighting this?

Jackson White, PC
Jackson White, PC | Jeremy Geigle
ARS 36-2031 states, "No county, municipality or other political subdivision may adopt or enforce any local law, ordinance, resolution or rule having the force of law that includes being a common drunkard or being found in an intoxicated condition as one of the elements of the offense giving rise to criminal or civil penalty or sanctions..." Typically, law enforcement will find a basis other than being intoxicated to arrest someone who is drunk in public. Some offenses may include disorderly conduct and trespass. If the person is a potential harm to himself or others, law enforcement may transport the person to an alcohol treatment center.