How can you clear a juvenile record once you turn 18? 1 Answers as of July 19, 2011

I know somebody that has a court date for trespassing private property, driving without a license, and being out after midnight. He is 16 and wants to become a cop. I wanted to know if he can seal or clear his record when he turns 18.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Timothy J. Thill P.C.
Timothy J. Thill P.C. | Timothy J. Thill
A juvenile record is generally under seal once the minor turns 17 yrs old. This should not affect his record for becoming a cop, later in life. The accused will probably get supervision, which is not a conviction, or juvenile probation, in a worse case scenerio. Get an attorney to represent the youth, to get the best possible disposition, although I seriously doubt the accused is facing any kind of jail time.
Answer Applies to: Illinois
Replied: 7/19/2011
Click to View More Answers: