How can we update my parents will and power of attorney? 2 Answers as of December 13, 2010

My parents need to update their wills and Power of Attorneys but the attorney who created them is no longer practicing in the area. Do they need to start over or what is the process to have the documents amended?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
The Law Office of David J. Reed, LLC
The Law Office of David J. Reed, LLC | David J. Reed
You may contact any lawyer to amend these documents. Simply bring a copy with you to the lawyer you retain and let them know the changes you need made. They will either create a new document with the same language, changes added or simply create what's called a codicil, a fancy word for amendment that is not part of the original.
Answer Applies to: Nebraska
Replied: 12/13/2010
Click to View More Answers: